Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Househunting in 2022

Photo by Tierra Mallorca on Unsplash

Over 100 listings reviewed.

Over a dozen homes visited. 

Two failed offers submitted.

In less than four weeks. 

I lost out on both bids because I only offered $25,000-$35,000 over asking and required an inspection. The winners offered twice as much over asking and waived an inspection and an appraisal. The only way I can afford to bid $50,000 over, is to look at houses that are $50,000k under my budget. Options available in that price range are abysmal. The one I looked at yesterday was on a main street with crazy traffic and a cracked foundation that clearly had been leaking water under the paneling so it was warped and ruined and the floor was stained. And those were just the top two negative aspects. 

So I've put a pin in my plan to move to a permanent home and started looking at rental options. The first 3 bedroom townhome I visited is $2200/month. That's $400 more than the mortgage I had budgeted for in househunting. 

I know God has a plan for something better for me and his timing is best. Just wish it coincided with my timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Milestone

Photo by vuk burgic on Unsplash I finished going through the last box of my parents' belongings today. It was mostly bills and paperwor...