Monday, March 21, 2022

1st Anniversary

Photo by Cade Holmquist on Unsplash


Last Saturday would have been our 17th wedding anniversary. I knew it would be hard, so when my girlfriends started talking about a weekend trip to the Ozarks, we set it to take place then. 

We had a fun and relaxing time hanging out on the screened-in balcony, working on a puzzle, walking by the lake, listening to 80s music and comedians. 

It was a good distraction, but there were still moments when memories snuck up on me. While washing my hands, I looked in the mirror and thought, "This is about the time I was getting my hair and makeup done." The tears came. I gave them their moment, and then moved on. 

My friends listened and supported and advised and encouraged and nudged. They helped me figure out my budget for househunting and come up with Plans B and C in case Plan A wasn't in the right timing. I felt less anxious by the time we left.

This is one of many firsts in this new phase. Some will be welcomed, some will be dreaded, but all will be survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Milestone

Photo by vuk burgic on Unsplash I finished going through the last box of my parents' belongings today. It was mostly bills and paperwor...