Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A Start

 I haven't written because there's been so much to say and not enough time to write all of it. But my therapist says I'm setting to lofty a goal. It's ok if all I write is one word. So for tonight I'll just say I've started the healing process. And I know I need to be patient, but I told my friend last night that I've been patient for four years waiting for things to get better, but they never did, they just got different. Not that there weren't some things that were better, but it feels like I've topped out and that "better" isn't on the horizon but in the rearview mirror. I know that's not true, but it's how I feel right now. Later when we were talking about something else that had gone wrong, she said, "Aw, don't worry, things will get different." It gave me a good laugh that I really needed. I think I'm going to make it into a shirt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Milestone

Photo by vuk burgic on Unsplash I finished going through the last box of my parents' belongings today. It was mostly bills and paperwor...